Looking forward, glancing back
Thursday 15 January 2009
Since the launch of The Baron in mid-2008 many new sections, pages and individual items have been added.
- The News Archive contains more than 150 separate items about Reuters and its people.
- People presents a space for lighter news items about the activities of Reuters people.
- The Library contains details of nearly 300 books by more than 70 Reuters authors.
- More people are joining the 90-plus who have added their contact details to the Directory.
- Across the entire website, there are now more than 300 pages and scores of links.
This rapid growth placed too great a strain on the software used to produce this website, leading to a recent period in which it was impossible to add updates. The switch to a more robust system with improved navigation and other benefits provides the opportunity for a fresh, uncluttered appearance. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this hiatus.
Friendship and fellowship forged in the shared experience of being part of an extraordinary organisation is surely the reason why so many Reuters people get together from time to time
Friendship and fellowship forged in the shared experience of being part of an extraordinary organisation is surely the reason why so many Reuters people get together from time to time at events ranging from talks arranged by The Reuter Society to informal gatherings of the Short Lunch Club and many special interest groups such as Reuters Golf Society. Many other groups meet periodically or stay in touch in the virtual world. Their common purpose is not merely to dwell upon past glories but to celebrate present fortune. So it is with The Baron, which remembers old times, reports present ones, and looks forward to what is yet to come.
Expect to hear about more opportunities to get together with friends and former colleagues. Check this website frequently to ensure you are always up to date. If you have ideas for improving The Baron please contact the editor. As always, do pass on anything you think worth sharing with other colleagues. ■
- « Previous
- Next »
- 46 of 46